Assignment – Case Study-Tax Exempt Status
Nowhere is trust more vital than in healthcare and hospitals. Section 501(c)(3) provides exempt status for organizations that are, in general, religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational. The promotion of health is not a specifically enumerated purpose within Section 501(c)(3).
For this assignment you will write a five-page double-spaced paper (excluding title and reference pages), addressing the following: Refer to Chapters 3-4, internet and personal knowledge.
1 Write a 5-page paper-on the following Case Study Scenario: Imagine that you are a tax attorney and consultant to Doctor’s Hospital, a for profit, physician owned hospital. You are scheduled to give a presentation to the board regarding the advantages related to converting the hospital to not-for-profit tax status. What are your arguments? What are the board’s likely arguments to remain for-profit?
• Must be five double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style.
• Must include a separate title page with the following:
◦ Title of paper
◦ Student’s name
◦ Course name and number
◦ Instructor’s name
◦ Date submitted
• Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
• Must use at least five sources-that is, four scholarly, peer-reviewed sources, in addition to the course text for a total of five sources.
◦ If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment. Be sure to integrate your research, rather than simply inserting it.
• Must document all sources in APA style.
• Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.
Complete and submit the assignment by 11:59pm PST Sunday.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.